We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid Airport to Granada

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
582 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Madrid Airport to Granada

My daughter and friend arrive at Madrid at 9:50 am on Aug 19. They need to immediately go to Granada for a program that starts the next day. They will be studying at the Univ of Granada for the next year, so they will have a suitcase plus carry on.

The 10:30 bus leaves too soon, so is there another bus from the airport, and if not, where is the best place to catch a bus to Granada? They'll take a taxi to the bus. Also, if there is more than one terminal in Granada, which would be convenient to the University, or does it matter.

Thanks for your help.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,209 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid Airport to Granada

Bus service Madrid airport to Granada www.alsa.es alternative is train www.renfe.es

Edited: 10 August 2010, 03:40
Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
582 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid Airport to Granada

Thanks for your quick reply, but I learned of the Alsa website from previous posts. The problem is that it lists a number of places for the bus in both Madrid and Granada, and I have no idea which would be the most convenient or best in each city.

Also, should they buy in advance or at the bus? (As the flight might be delayed I'm hesitant to buy in advance.) And is there a discount for a student card?

Thanks

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid Airport to Granada

talb,

They take a taxi to Méndez Alvaro Transport Interchange & Estación Sur Bus Station, C/. Méndez Álvaro, 83. Madrid 28045 which is a huge transport interchange, (and I remember little of it, so sorry cannot help with Alsa ticket office location).

There is only one Granada bus station and that is their destination. No other permutations containing Granada are relevant to you.

No, I would not purchase in advance.

Discount - you will have to peruse the website, but I would not think so if leaving purchase to the last minute. (Cheap already, do you not think?).

Best wishes.

4. Re: Madrid Airport to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 06:18