We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5* Options

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
5* Options

Hi,

Can any one help with a difficult hotel choice please? It's our thrid trip to Madrid so proximity to the city centre is not a requirement and we're torn between the following three 5* options;

1. Hilton Madrid Airport

2. Eurostar Madrid Tower

2. Mira Sierra Suites

They are all similarily priced for a two nite stay (thur & Fri) and the Hilton is winning us over with their executive longue & pool with it's retractable roof which we assume will be open Mid-October (the pool that is - not the roof!)

We're travelling for a short break primarily to relax. We want to chill in the hotel on the evening we arrive and most of the following day but we do intend heading out in the city centre Friday night. We don't mind the metro into town but expect to be returning after mid-nite so we assume at least one taxi ride is unavoidable.

My wife will also need a hairdresser Friday afternoon and we're worried that there may not be any in the vicinity of either hotel, especially not the Hilton.

The Hilton's remote location within the Airport campus is the only thing that worries us and lead us to consider the other two options. No nearby hairdesser is definitely a deal breaker!

Both of the other hotels, the mira sierra & the eurostars towers look very inviting so we'd welcome any direct comparisons and we are not familar with either hotel's exact location if anyone cares to comment, bearing in mind that we only need access the city centre on Friday night.

Apart from all that, the Hilton's short and apparently reliable free airport shuttle is highly attractive as it would leave us with only one metro ride into town and a taxi ride back during our entire stay!

She's gotta get ther hair done tho!

Help!

MP1

PS - I HAVE MAILED THE HILTON AND I AWAIT THEIR RESPONSE! :-)

We're not to sure of the other two hotel locations

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5* Options

Well, I like the Hilton options...the others are far from downtown and further from the airport. Hair problem. You can take shuttle to airport and metro to wherever for the hair thing.

Your emphasis on the "chilling in a hotel"...is a little beyond me. I suppose it's like someone is my area chilling in Florida, but the cultural options aren't so great IMO.

I am sure the Hilton will make a hair appt...as long as they know your wife's needs (cut, style, color, etc ) and you could take taxi or metro to another location. The Hilton should be answering you as we speak.

2. Re: 5* Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 05:17