We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xanadu how to get there

casa
Level Contributor
121 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Xanadu how to get there

I'm looking for advice as to how to get to Xanadu via public transit from central Madrid, and approximately how long it will take.

I know that it is possible to take the following buses, but which bus/station would be the most convenient and/or direct, and are there any other options for transit? I would prefer the cheapest, best value for my Euro option, and preferably one that I won't be traveling for hours. A taxi is not an option unless absolutely necessary.

Also, will it be fairly obvious where to get off for Xanadu? I do speak fairly decent Spanish but worry I may miss the announcement, or not understand it completely!

Desde Madrid (Estación Príncipe Pío) 528 y 534

Desde Móstoles 524, 529, 531, 531A, 498 y 498A

Desde Alcorcón 529H

Desde Fuenlabrada 498

Desde Leganés 496

And how easy is it to catch a bus back to center?

Thanks ahead of time!

FBV
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
731 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xanadu how to get there

Hi, inmorroconow,

If you are staying at Madrid centre, you need to go to Príncipe Pío, as the other locations (Móstoles, Alcorcón, Fuenlabrada and Leganés are suburbs of the city that are almost as far as the Xanadú mall.

Príncipe Pío is quite close from Gran Vía and Plaza de España and has a very easy access by subway. The subway station, also named Príncipe Pío, is next to the bus station and is served by three different lines: 6, 10 and R.

The most convenient bus is nr. 534. It departs from Madrid to Xanadú daily every hour between 7:00 and 23:00. Buses back to Madrid depart from Xanadú daily every hour between 9:00 and 22:00. The journey takes about an hour. The single trip costs € 2,85 (this information is up to date, according with the official transportation authority of the Region of Madrid website, www.ctm-madrid.es, and it normally doesn't change...).

casa
Level Contributor
121 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xanadu how to get there

FBV--

Thank you very much for the information! I unfortunately have to head out there on my one day in Madrid, prior to heading to Andalusia as I need to get to the Apple Store to get something fixed! Glad to know it'll be a fairly easy trip!

FBV
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
731 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xanadu how to get there

You're welcome! The only shame is that you have to spend your only day in Madrid in a mall... At least, it is one of the biggest malls of the region, with lots of shops, restaurants, cinemas, a bowling alley and even and artificial ski resort. Try to enjoy it!

Curitiba, PR
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Xanadu how to get there

I'll be at the center near the Plaza of Spain, after making several trips I intend at the end of the day, around 18 hours, go to the mall Xanadu. This shoping worth knowing?

I plan to go to Principe Pio station, but do not know if I train or subway?

And as I go to the shoping Xanadu?

And how do you turn back to the shoping center of Madrid Xanadu? What are the hours by bus or subway?

I thank the attention.

Curitiba, PR
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xanadu how to get there

Voy a estar en el centro cerca de la Plaza de España, después de hacer varios viajes me propongo al final del día, alrededor de 18 horas, ir al centro comercial Xanadú. Esto vale la pena conocer shoping?

Tengo planeado ir a la estación de Príncipe Pío, pero no sé si tren o metro?

Y como voy al shoping Xanadu?

Y ¿cómo volver al centro comercial de Madrid Xanadú? ¿Cuáles son las horas en autobús o en metro?

Agradezco la atención.

6. Re: Xanadu how to get there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 11:20