We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near the prado

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south western...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
hotel near the prado

Hi

any suggestions for a hotel walking distance from the prado in a safe neighbourhood for a budget (100 US per night) price?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel near the prado

Your budget is fine, but it will depend on when you plan on being in Madrid. There are several hotels worth considering, see Maribel's Hotel Guide to Madrid (www.maribelsguides.com).

NJ
Level Contributor
378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel near the prado

As Robert says , it will depend on your dates. I have stayed twice at Hotel Prado, a 3 star hotels very close to Prado museum. One time in March and also last July. In March I paid about 75 euros for a double room, in July I paid around 66 euros. I highly recommend the hotel, for the price it's great.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel near the prado

Agree with katarob.

south western...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel near the prado

We are visiting in mid March this year. I will check out your suggestion. Thanks!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel near the prado

Agreed! my daughter and I stayed at El Prado in Oct. had no complaints. The location is good - within walking distance of Prado and other major museums, botanical gardens, and Metro stations. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the front Desk staff were helpful. There is a small plaza just up a bit from the hotel with quite a few restaurants to try. This hotel is a good value.

6. Re: hotel near the prado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 January 2011, 19:05
Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel near the prado

The nearby "small plaza" is the Plaza de Santa Ana. That's west of Hotel el Prado. A block north is Ventura de la Vega which a street of restaurants. Just stroll down it, check the menus and make a choice. La Trucha is on a cross street between Plaza de Santa Ana and Ventura de la Vega...about a block from Hotel el Prado. You should haven't trouble finding a place to eat. Also a couple mini-markets...one at the south end of Ventura de la Vega and the other a little east on Calle del Prado.

8. Re: hotel near the prado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 05:24