We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not use Goletworld Agency

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Do not use Goletworld Agency

I booked a short term self-catering apartment using Goletworld in Granada. The website showed the property as available for those dates, and asked for payment of 10% of the price, plus an expensive 10 euros transaction fee. I received confirmation of payment from Paypal, but no news from Goletworld with further details. I waited several says and email them countless times; finally they got to me several says after, despite their website promised to get back in 24 hours. They emailed me saying the porperty was not available, and that they had no other properties to offer. Because of waiting for them; I wasted valuable time in finding alternative accommodation for those busy dates in Granada. This company;s website is decietful, and they lack responsability and seriousness.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do not use Goletworld Agency

I have looked at some of their properties in Madrid. Has anyone had good luck with them?

Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Do not use Goletworld Agency

Did you get a refund then?

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do not use Goletworld Agency

I have found that most places want a wire transfer from your bank and have learned to be suspicious of anyone who does not. I think that people who accept paypal seem to be somehow less trustworthy since there is less of a paper trail and less accountability. Thanks for the warning on this one.

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Do not use Goletworld Agency

I have personally used Goletworld many times when travelling to Madrid, Barcelona and Paris and have found great apartments at affordable rates.

I totally dissagree with wombat1223, as websites that accept Paypal as a medium of payment are more secure than others. Paypal is the largest online payment system in the World. When you pay via Paypal neither the property owner nor the Agency have any of your credit card details. Hence it is 100% safe.

I will never trust websites where owners ask you to pay 100% upfront.

5. Re: Do not use Goletworld Agency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 14:17