We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Valencia.

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Valencia.

I have navigated the Renfre web site and see how to get to Valencia. However when i enter 5-22-11 to return it says no trains.

What are my options?

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Valencia.

One possibility. You are more than 62 days out, and the train isn't posted yet? The other is that the dates aren't normally posted like that in Spain. It would be 22-05-11, but I haven't checked the RENFE site recently. Maybe Benny or other train experts would have a definitive answer.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Valencia.

I think you may be right.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Valencia.

Wait a few days. They should show up March 20 or so.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,737 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Valencia.

psbcap:

Check the Renfe site exactly 62 days before your planned trip.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to Valencia.

Thanks Benny. I did book the Madrid to Valencia portion. Do you know why the site will not let me register? When putting in where you live there is no USA.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train to Valencia.

USA = Estados Unidos which is certainly available.

...and if still having problems just make the info. fit - they are not going to be in touch except by email.

Edited: 15 March 2011, 10:44
Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train to Valencia.

Benny I got the return today. When we het in to Atocha what is the best way to get to our hotel?

täCH by ClementHoteles

Timón, 35, 21.Barajas, 28042 Madrid (Show map)

FBV
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
731 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train to Valencia.

There are two main options, depending on the amount of luggage and the money you want to spend:

- By public transportation, the best way is to take at Atocha the Cercanías (local trains) to Nuevos Ministerios, which is only 2 stops away, and then change to the Metro at Nuevos Ministerios, taking line 8 to Barajas. The hotel is very close to the Barajas station, for what I can see in google maps.

The total cost would be approx. € 3,5 (€ 1,5 for the Cercanías and € 2 for the subway). The total time would be 10 min for the Cercanías and 15 for the subway, plus the time that you'll be waiting them (frequencies are high, especially during labour days). I calculate approx. 35-40 min. in total.

- By taxi. Approx. cost of € 40-45 or so, and total time, if traffic is not bad, of about 25 min.

Edited: 22 March 2011, 12:40
Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train to Valencia.

The train it is. My daughter will be the navigater. Thank you.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train to Valencia.

I have purchased tickets at Renfe.com. What is the easiest way to check in at the station and how do we take our luggage on the train. This will be to/from Valencia/