We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for one night before catching flight home

Level Contributor
269 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for one night before catching flight home

We are spending a week in Madrid in a flat, then hiking in Andalusia, then returning to Madrid for one (Saturday) night in order to catch a morning flight home from Madrid the next day. We would like a clean, comfortable and quiet hotel for that night, preferably near one of the stops for the express bus to the airport. Any suggestions?

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for one night before catching flight home

Hello! I too looked for days at hotels in Madrid trying to find something decent & close to the Puerta del sol metro...and within my budget , that is a tough combination!

Check out hotel moderno it's right on puerta del sol (not sure if the bus to the airport stops there ) but it should.

No luxuries but it's #28on TA I think, clean 3* hotel

Hope this helps!

Edited: 20 March 2011, 01:54
south western...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for one night before catching flight home

We recently stayed at the Axor Feria in Madrid near the airport and I recommend this hotel if you have an early flight. They have a free shuttle bus that will take you to the airport, just make sure to tell the front desk the time. The rooms there are very clean with large bathrooms with walk in marble showers. Heated towel racks too! The bed was comfortable and all for a very reasonable price. There is a shopping mall within walking distance if you want to get some last minute shopping in.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for one night before catching flight home

Hi again Yes!

Sorry you weren't able to find anything near Puerta del Sol metro within your budget. If it's any consolation, the new airport bus does NOT stop near here. Its 3 stops are: O'Donnell, Cibeles and Atocha.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for one night before catching flight home

Hi again gigis-mum!

I actually need to be close to the sol metro because my train leaves from chamartin which I can take the light blue line straight from there

I think I'm going to stay with hotel moderno it's very close to the metro and has good reviews & free wifi

That is so strange the aerobes does not stop in sol being the center of Madrid

I arrive from bcn by train

Talk to you later! :)

5. Re: Hotel for one night before catching flight home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:17