We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying RENFE tickets from US sales point?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
White Plains, New...
9 posts
Save Topic
Buying RENFE tickets from US sales point?

Posted this at the end of a long thread about buying RENFE tickets but it might have gotten lost in the shuffle, so I'm reposting it in a new thread:

Just curious, has anyone had success purchasing tickets from the US sale point - http://www.petrabax.com? How does it work? Are you able to get the same early discounts RENFE offers on their web site?

Thanks!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying RENFE tickets from US sales point?

I just bought mine on the RENFE site. I clicked on the word "Welcome" and it converted to English. I registered so it now shows my journeys. I printed my tickets and am now good to go. I looked at some of the broker sites. While a little easier to navigate, I found them much more expensive.

Preston

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying RENFE tickets from US sales point?

What about buying sightseeing tickets, day passes, etc. from this site? Is that a good idea?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,693 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying RENFE tickets from US sales point?

I also buy directly from Renfe. But first I purchased one set of tickets on rumbo.es, which I prefer over Petrabax, because you book directly on the website, and they DO offer the Web and Estrella fares when available.

With Petrabax you deal over the phone and they book for you, so you give up some degree of control.

4. Re: Buying RENFE tickets from US sales point?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 15:17