We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

Kfar Vradim, Israel
Level Contributor
30 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

All my searches of the sightseeing bus tour in Madrid come to Madrid Bus Turistico listed as the only official tour.

I do not want to book hop-on/hop-off - prefer bus excursion of 1-2 hours with audioguide. Is there any company which provides such type of tours?

Experts - your reply is essential!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Madrid
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Adventurous Appetites Tapas Tour
Walking Tours, Food Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Leaf Madrid Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

I'm no expert and I don't know about other companies, but I did once the Madrid Vision, every route in a row. You don't need to hop off in any stop if you do not want to :) I found the audioguide explanations quite interesting (and I was living in Madrid at that time)

california
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

Hello!

There is also the free walking and I've done these all over Europe its an inexpensive way to get to know the city and other travellers

newmadrid-tours.com/daily-tours/madrid-free-…

You just give them a tip at the end as you fit.

Kfar Vradim, Israel
Level Contributor
30 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

Thanks for the suggestion, yesiloves2travel. I did not know about this option. One of the advantages of official tour is the multitude of languages. Hence I would still love to see the answer to my question.

Edited: 22 May 2011, 17:26
4. Re: Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 20:42
Edited: 23 May 2011, 20:42
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

The historic centre of Madrid is rather compact. The Tourist Board offers walking guided tours in several languages.

www.esmadrid.com/descubremadrid_en/portal.do

HoHo bus:

www.emtmadrid.es/bus_turistico/index_eng.html

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

I'm not an expert and have not been to Madrid but perhaps this kind of tour is what you are looking for? I'm sure there are other companies that the experts can recommend. Viator is an int'l packager of tour services that works with local operators.

The tour linked here has both a bus and walking component, since some areas are best seen on foot.

viator.com/tours/…TR

Edited: 23 May 2011, 21:06
Kfar Vradim, Israel
Level Contributor
30 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

Thanks for valuable info, Revulgo.It sounds like a walking tour will be the ultimate option as we are going to stay in the center.

BTW, this is really strange but I did not request to remove my questions - on the contrary, I asked for more city discovery options. At least they allow to post afterwards...

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

As Gigis_mum said, there are some tour companies like Viator but since the Tourist Board don't pay attention to them in its official link, don't know how they work in Madrid.

www.esmadrid.com/en/portal.do…

9. Re: Tourist bus other than Madrid Vision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 05:18