We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re free tours

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Re free tours

I read on T/A about the free tours from Puerta Sol -is it available first week of July and what is the minimum to tip?

This is our first trip and we trying to cut costs. Are there any other free tours in Madrid and what about Toledo?

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
california
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re free tours

Hola culturous,

In Madrid, the most "popular" i would say is Sandeman's free tour(although, as you know, they do expect a tip)

newmadrid-tours.com/daily-tours/madrid-free-…

as for the tip, there is no minimum, but the average tip given is around 10 euros, from my past experiences and reviews that i've read.

(I used sandeman's free tour in Dublin, and they were great!

There is also mymadridfreetours

www.mymadridfreetour.com/freetour_en.html although ive never heard of them, so im not sure how good they are.

In Toledo, the tourism office has a 2 tours for free check out the link below:

toledo-turismo.com/turismo/contenido/conocie…

Hope this helps,

***Yesi

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re free tours

Thank you very much. It has been very informative!

3. Re: Re free tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 02:16