We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
292 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

For a group (including some 17 and 18 year old students) which Flamenco would be the most interesting, enjoyable and authentic? Any advise? Thanks!

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

Hi Etraveler!

I haven't been yet bit have done my research ( going in 5 weeks) yeyy!! Can't wait

I vote foe espana baila flamenco ( actually I posted it in a thread a few months back) I really like the idea of seeing a show! Not in a restaurant type setting like casa patas.

Plus the difference in price is huge!

Casa patas is I think over priced but it's only for what I've seen in online videos... It didn't "wow" me

• please mote that espana baila flamenco ends in august , which makes me really sad to miss it as I arrive in September :(

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

Neither. Try Las Tablas near Plaza de España.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

Thanks wombat!

looking at some videos of Las Tablas to get an idea of what its like...

also, I found this link, it may be helpful for ETravel, and they have tickets for las tablas (from 15euros) and others...

atrapalo.com/entradas/…

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

oh, wombat, have you heard anything about "Cayetana Su Pasion?...from Cecilia Gomez??...i really would rather see a show in a theater, so i keep looking.

It looks very good, but im still looking for reviews!

14 euros @ teatro canal.

Thanks,

Yesi

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

My cousin who is way into Flamenco did all the research and she came wanting to go to Las Tablas. She loved it and thought it was amazing. She knew the people as well. It really was fabulous!

Illinois
Level Contributor
292 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

thanks, all helpful info! And I will check out that link too...

Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
89 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

I just got back from Madrid 2 weeks ago & went to Casa Patas. While this was the only flamenco that we have ever gone to, I was not impressed. There was only 1 male & 1 female dancer & 3 musician/ singers. I will try another place next visit. Just my 2 cents.

Illinois
Level Contributor
292 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

Thanks for info does everyone think then that Las Tablas might be superior in the way of the Flamenco Table shows or is there another we should consider? Thanks again. What about Corraldelamorales (I know I didn't spell that right!)?

9. Re: Casa Patas or Espana Baila Flamenco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 22:18