We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am going to be in Madrid for 3 days.

Chicago, Illinois
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I am going to be in Madrid for 3 days.

I am staying with a friend of a friend. She is going to be working and I don't know really want to bother her. I am not sure what part of Madrid she lives in. Any suggestions on what to do in Madrid? Where to go? where not to go? any tips ?

Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I am going to be in Madrid for 3 days.

You're in the Rome forum. Ask in the Madrid forum.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I am going to be in Madrid for 3 days.

Welcome to the forums, chicadelrey!

I have moved your topic here to the Madrid forums where it will hopefully generate some great replies from the community. Good luck with your research and thanks for participating!

Buen viaje!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am going to be in Madrid for 3 days.

Look on the right-hand column of top questions. Scroll down to "Sights". Find list of must-sees. Decide what interests you most. More info? "What are the best sights?" describe the sights in more detail. Also, all the other questions under "sights" deal with main sights.

You should know that the Metro/subway system is very good. Find the subway nearest to your friend's place and you can go just about anywhere for rather little money. I am sure your friend will tell you to keep money in money belt or under your clothing. Pickpockets (careful around ATM's as well) are very proficient. Other than that, Madrid is very safe.

Also, the city center is very walkable. If your friend lives further out, you just need to get to the center and exploring is so much fun.

This should help you. City center is "Sol"

Nice map/"plano

4. Re: I am going to be in Madrid for 3 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 11:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now