We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toledo - time needed there

new york
Level Contributor
739 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Toledo - time needed there

I'm now planning a day trip to Toledo. Just wanted to know about how much time is recommended to see the main attractions and stroll around. I know that everyone is different when it comes to interests and "getting around time", but a general answer will suffice.

Thanks.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toledo - time needed there

Personally I like a full day there. We usually take a 9 am train (or so) and then leave sometime in the evening around 7-8pm unless we want to stay for tapas or a light snack. Bear in mind much is closed between the hours of 2 and 5pm so that's a good time for eating your large meal of the day and resting up. But you won't be able to visit much during those hours and that affects your visiting time. If you want to do Toledo thoroughly I'd say you need minimally 6+ hours. And I also love staying the night there as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,952 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toledo - time needed there

I couldn't agree more. I've spent just one whole day in Toledo, saw only about half of what there is to see, and am looking forward to going back. The cathedral alone is vast, full of treasures, and needs at least two hours just to walk through, (with a cursory look at its treasures). Don't even think about making a half-day visit and trying to do something else as well.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,674 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toledo - time needed there

I agree that you need a full day there to see everything.

new york
Level Contributor
739 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Toledo - time needed there

Thank you for the advice. I will be there towards there in November so it will get dark early (the clocks will be moved back by then). In order to plan the day, what suggestions would you have to see after the sun sets. I'm assuming these would be indoor sites (museums).

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,122 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toledo - time needed there

Took us a day in a half but we love to sit in the Plaza's and people watch, a good day should do it for you. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

6. Re: Toledo - time needed there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 14:17