We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A "Thank you!" to the Madrid forum

Oregon
Level Contributor
564 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
A "Thank you!" to the Madrid forum

Just returned from our trip and wanted to say "Muchas gracias!" to everyone who helped answer my specific questions as well as those whose questions and answers and general info we used to help plan our holiday. We wouldn't have had as good a time without all the support from TA and the forums. Very much appreciated!

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A "Thank you!" to the Madrid forum

I don't remember giving you tips...and I wouldn't have forgotten the handle you have, but we do appreciate thank yous. Glad you had a great time.

Oregon
Level Contributor
564 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A "Thank you!" to the Madrid forum

Holakjs, you weren't one of the folks who answered a specific question from me, but I certainly read many many of your responses to others while performing my "due diligence" research. These forums and TA in general have their faults, but the good far outweighs the bad. And I'm constantly amazed by the generosity and patience of those who post frequently.

As for the "handle" (and wow, I haven't heard a screen name referred to that way in ages! Makes me think of the old CB radio days.) -- it's a long, long story of how I got "stuck" with it and you're right, it isn't often forgotten, for good or bad. It's also never taken already by someone else when I try to sign up for something that requires one. It does give my UK friends a laugh though. Apparently "muppet" is a slang word for "dimwit" and is still in common enough usage to cause giggles.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A "Thank you!" to the Madrid forum

Thank you for your language lesson.. Yes, "handle" is from back in the day, but I didn't know the British meaning of "muppet". Too funny. It's fun to learn from our British friends. Recently, Alabastron taught me the expression "snap", when

two people think of the same idea at the same time...and, of course, in this

context, it's appropriate we POST the same idea at the same time.

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A "Thank you!" to the Madrid forum

Mongrelmuppet-where did you stay? Having a hard time deciding.

5. Re: A "Thank you!" to the Madrid forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 10:17