We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renfe-I did it!

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Renfe-I did it!

Exactly 62 days in advance and all of the advice was needed!!!!

Thanks for the tips! Had to use my bank credit/debit type card. I have printed tickets and ready to go!

Thanks for the help all!

Glad that is done!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renfe-I did it!

Bravo! Worth the effort I am sure.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renfe-I did it!

casamurray:

You do get exhilirated after being able to buy the tickets online, especially because it is so difficult!

And that 62 day rule does not always hold. I wanted to buy a ticket from Madrid to Malaga recently and I tried 62 days in advance. Did not find the schedule for that day. Tried the next day, with no luck. Tried the next day, with no luck. Tried the next day, with no luck. Tried the next day and found the schedule, but the time slot I usually like was already sold out for the web discount! But was able to buy for the next hour!

Roseville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
526 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renfe-I did it!

and then sometimes the routes appear before the 62 days. this was the case for me when I was purchasing Barcelona to Madrid tickets. I had my day that I was going to buy the tickets and just happened to look a few days ahead of time and the fares/routes were there!!

congrats and enjoy!!!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renfe-I did it!

Perhaps we should start looking 59 days ahead of time so that we will be the first to see the web discounts! The rules for Renfe seem to be too flexible!

5. Re: Renfe-I did it!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2012, 03:17