We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RENFE - Now what do I do?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clare Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
RENFE - Now what do I do?

Just completed my first booking on Renfe - and was feeling very smug when all was going well, including the payment going through - didn't know what everyone was complaining about - then the site closed down before I could get my booking number and print out the tickets - bugger.

Will I get an email confirmation and e-tickets or do I need to try and contact Renfe and sort it out?

Merced, California
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

Hey Demon,

I was successful in a Renfre purchase just last week and I indeed received an email confirmation. I don't believe this email will be your ticket. There are instructions in this forum that describes your exact issue and how to access your ticket after the site closes. I'm not sure if the instructions are located in the TOP QUESTIONS on the top right of this page or if it was within a discussion. If you search around a bit I'm sure you will find direction on how to print your tickets.

NJ
Level Contributor
378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

Did you get an email from Renfe? You may want to click on the first question on the right of this page "How can I buy Renfe tickets online? " and go to item #45.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,244 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

Demon:

If you did not get the email confirmation, I would call Renfe and explain your case. If you got the email confirmation, then follow the article to print out your ticket.

Clare Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

All good - sort of - booked another trip today - again no problems with the site until the last part where I am supposed to print the tickets - and again I got an error message.

Have receievd the confirmation emails - but still when I follow the directions to print tickets I get a sorry site not working. Not travelling until April - so will just keep on trying!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,244 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

Demon:

What browser are you using?

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,886 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

Why doesn't RENFE do something about its infuriating website? And why do people continue to use it? (I know the answer to Q2.)

new york
Level Contributor
83 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

I had the same issue. I sent an email asking for help in printing and RENFE replied in English with a link and instructions on how to print. Good luck!

Clare Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

Slowly getting there - have managed to print off one set of tickets - and then got the error message again. So I guess it is just a matter of try and try again. At least I had no problems making the bookings.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

Hi

I had the same problem! tried to print it and it woukd not work. The initital problem i had was selecting my seats it just would not work so then i did the booking without this and it worked! but now i am concerned as in the email i can see a tariff with a code GL544 does anyone know what this is? As i hope i did not select a discount in Spanish which i dont qualify for,

Also the seats i got were 1A-1b and 2a and 2b does anyone know if these are good seats? I am travelling from Seville to Barcelona.

Thanks for your help

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,244 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RENFE - Now what do I do?

Diamond:

Those seats are good. I think that Row 1 faces backward, but that should not be a problem. I have travelled on that row in the past.