We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good gents suit shop

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
good gents suit shop

Very soon I will be traveling to Madrid and have 2 days in the city. My boyfriend has to get a dinner suit and I am sure we can buy a nice designer one in Madrid. Can anyone give me a name of a really good gents tailor that would have a good selection of brand names. He has an athletic build so we would need a shop that could possibly tailor the suit to fit rather quickly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,687 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good gents suit shop

lassie:

Go to any of the El Corte Ingles stores. They have many suits there and can modify suits to one's measurements.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good gents suit shop

I'm not usually a fan of El Corte Ingles (actually, I tend to avoid it for several reasons) but in your case I agree with Benny. Be aware that not all stores may have the same variety, i.e. the store in calle Serrano has more choices regarding business/dinner suits.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,687 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good gents suit shop

lassie:

If you go to El Corte Ingles, you can ask for the tourist discount of 10% at the customer service desk. Get the discount coupon before you pay for the merchandise.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good gents suit shop

I am in total agreement. This is a job for El Corte Ingles.

5. Re: good gents suit shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 22:42