We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Totowa, New Jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

hello,

i am planning to go madrid 3 nights then barcelona 3 nights. I would appreciated if someone can tell me whats is the best and cheap transportation from the airport to hotel???. Most likely i will be staying Mercure Madrid Plaza de Espana hotel in madrid. Then fly to Barcelona airport (BCN) and stay at Regencia Colon hotel. Hopefully these hotels are not that far from the airports.

thanks...

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,226 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

The nearest Metro station from the airport to your Madrid hotel is shown as Ventura Rodriguez www.metromadrid.es/en/index.html

www.madrid-tourist-guide.com

From Barcelona El Prat airport you can take the Aerobus to Placa Catalunya and about a five minute walk to your hotel

www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com

Totowa, New Jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

Hey thanks for your help...I'm little confused here...what do you mean by barcelona El prat Airport..is that the airport code with BCN...because that's where I will be going into...

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,569 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

No, the airport code is BCN...the name is El Prat. You might follow the helpful links N provided...or at least click on the link off to the right of this page, the one about the "airport shuttle"...then do the same on the B forum.

And that's all assuming that for you best=cheapest.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,226 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

Girona airport is used by Ryanair and some other LCC airlines, and they sell it as Barcelona Girona airport.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
596 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

They also use bcn reus airport aswell which isn't in Barcelona either best check which airport to be sure

Totowa, New Jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

Hey guys, if I end up taking the metro from El prat airport to Regencia Colon hotel, what is the closet metro station called that i should stop at??

Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,940 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

Imu,

You should take the train from Madrid to Barcelona. If you buy your ticket in advance, it'll be cheap (58.80€) and fast (2.5 hrs). Plus the AVE ticket gives you 2 free rides by Cercanias (one to the AVE in Madrid and the other FROM the AVE in Barcelona ....all the way to Placa Catalunya). From Pl Catalunya, walk 10 min to your hotel.

How to buy Renfe tickets online. A very important article to read!

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Edited: 03 April 2012, 05:53
Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
705 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

Hi, what is the schedule of the Cercanias line? I've read that its every 30 mins. Does it start at Terminal 4 every hour and half hour (3:00, 3:30, 4:00. 4:30 etc)?

I've been trying to find the schedule, but to no avail.

Does the AVE Renfe ticket get us a free bus ride to Atocha from Bajaras on the new shuttle (just asking)?

Edited: 03 April 2012, 07:20
Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,940 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

Amelie,

Madrid public transportation can be a bit confusing, lol. The Top Questions on this forum do not properly address the different options. Here's a link to the Cercanias schedule for Madrid. From the Renfe website, you need to choose "Cercanias" and "Madrid". C-1 is the line that goes from T4 into town.

renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

In my previous post, I wrote that the AVE ticket allows you to have 2 free Cercanias rides (to and from the AVE train). Therefore, if you are arriving at Barajas airport and you already have an AVE ticket, you can use the Cercanias to access the train station where you are next headed. It takes 12 min to get to Chamartin and 26 min to get to Atocha.

Re: the Express bus and the AVE, the answer is NO.

Hope this lessened your confusion. :-)

PS. There's also a metro line 8 that connects to the airport.

Edited: 03 April 2012, 14:07
Totowa, New Jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: best transportation from Madrid/Barcelona airport to Hotel.

Gigis_mum, I will be arriving from madrid to Barca airport via air. I want to take the metro from Barca airport to my hotel. So what station do I stop at, that is closes to my hotel?