We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

I am registered disabled and need to know if there is an accepted proof of disability that is recognised by the Spanish tourist authorities. In England I show my DLA forms but don't know if this will be accepted. It's also an embarrassment and hassle to delay others wanting to purchasing tickets. I believe Spanish rules say 30% disability but don't know what this means.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,180 posts
3,579 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

ventureaway:

The Spanish doctors are the ones who determine what percent disability a person has. I think that the card the Spanish use a Tarjeta de Discapacidad that shows the percent disability.

However I do not know if they would recognize a card from another country.

What kind of tickets do you think of buying?

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

Hope to visit Palace, Prado, Reine Sophia, Thyssen and maybe tour bus. What's the difference between Retired and Senior? Thanks

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

I think "Retired" means not working while "Senior" is over 65. I would think that the UK being part of the EU that Spain would accept your documentation. Also, if you order online, they will accept it at the discounted rate...I believe. At least they have accepted ours at the Prado for "senor" status...online. Try it. Also if you buy online, the hassle is done. No vacation time spent waiting in line.

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

Thanks Holakjs I will order online to save hassle time.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,180 posts
3,579 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

In most places, retired and senior mean the same thing, that you are more than 65 years old. Most places ask to see a photo id with your birthday.

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

Thanks for your information.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

I am joining my family as we take our niece to Spain next week.

Both myself and my father are registered disabled (blue badge, DLA evidence letter etc)

As my niece is interested in Port Aventura we hope to go but there seems to be a mystery regarding the disabled tickets.

Does anyone know what evidence is necessary to use the disabled priced tickets to gain entry.

Thnx

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

I would be prepared to show all the stuff you have, order on line in advance, and be prepared to show proof. at the entrance.

Edited: 03 April 2013, 16:23
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

FYI, after ordering our senior tickets on line, when we entered the shorter line (pre-purchased) tickets at the Prado, no one asked us for proof, and I like to think it wasn't because we looked xoooo old.☺ (We were prepared with photo ID if asked.)

devon
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Proof of disability for discount costs to attractions.

hi, i was wondering if you managed to find this out, we are hoping to go to port aventura in october with our son who has autism and was wondering what proof they need? many thanks