We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobile cell phones

West Hartford...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
mobile cell phones

We need a cell phone to use during our three week stay which will include the hill towns. We do travel to other countries from time to time.

which carrier has the best coverage? What works as a good basic phone which will accept SIMS cards, and where can we buy a phone + service on pay as you go? We are retired and on a limited budget.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mobile cell phones

I have a cheap, pay as you go mobile I got from Vodaphone in Madrid. It works all over Europe, and I have received calls from Russia and Singapore on it. There are Vodaphone stores all over Madrid. I hope this is helpful.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mobile cell phones

I'd go to Phonehouse and by a "celular libre" which is an unlocked phone. You can then get a sim card from any carrier around to put into it. Vodaphone would work, as would Movistar or Orange. If you go somewhere else, you just get a new card.

3. Re: mobile cell phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:40