We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid Tourist Travel Pass: can be purchased at the airport?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Madrid Tourist Travel Pass: can be purchased at the airport?

Hello

The website states -

"The Travel Pass may be purchased online by clicking the blue button above. You will be sent a receipt by email, which can then be exchanged for the ticket itself, at the Madrid Metro Customer Service Desk ("Centro de Atención al Cliente", open every day from 7am to 10pm) just outside the Metro Station in Madrid Airport's Terminal 2, or at the tourist office in Plaza Mayor."

The link sends me to the http://www.neoturismo.com site. Is this a legit site? Ideally, I would like to buy the card and already travel to the centre on the card, thus starting to realise the discount. Thank you

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid Tourist Travel Pass: can be purchased at the airport?

Is this for the metro and for museums? If so, you're usually better off just buying the 10 ride ticket for the metro and the museum pass separately. The 10 ride ticket can be used by anyone in your group and you get a discount on rides. The museum pass lets you into 3 museums for the price of 2. But bear in mind that the Reina Sofia has generous free times so it's still not often the best deal. Usually people find you don't save on this pass.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid Tourist Travel Pass: can be purchased at the airport?

Hey

thanks a lot. I will be living in the centre. I looked up and they come rather pricey - do I really need a transport if I live in the centre? In other words, are most attractions (meseums/cathedrals/places to visit) central or are they spread and I need a transport? Thank you

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid Tourist Travel Pass: can be purchased at the airport?

In the Centro pretty much everything is walkable. The museums (Reina Sofia, Thyssen and Prado) are all very near to one another (as in from across the street to 5-10 minutes walk away). The Palace is about a 15-20 minute walk from the Prado. We used to live up the street from the Prado and we always walked to the main sights.

4. Re: Madrid Tourist Travel Pass: can be purchased at the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:42