We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry on baggage size in reality Iberia

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
132 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Carry on baggage size in reality Iberia

I am flying Indy, CHicago, Madrid, Granada and would like to carry on my bag rather than take a 3rd smaller piece to insure I have some items if any checked luggage wouldn't make it. Easier with 1 bag and a handbag on bus, trrain..after I am there. The bag I have is 24" x 14 x 10. I was going to try it hoping that even if I had to check it at the gate it would at least be on the plan with me.

What is your experience? In reality what are my chances? THe Iberia 8 " seems unreasonably small.....

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,054 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carry on baggage size in reality Iberia

Your cabin luggage size should be ok, and as long as it does not weigh more than 10kg.

Cabin baggage has become a contentious issue, due to some (selfish) passengers trying to take onboard "The kitchen sink", which would fill the overhead lockers!!

NJ
Level Contributor
378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carry on baggage size in reality Iberia

That seems a bit big for carry-on and it exceeds whats allowed officially (it doesnt mean you might not get away with it), as described here:

www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/program.do…

When I carried a carry-on on Iberia it conformed to their guidelines. I didnt see any suitcases that looked bigger than mine.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,054 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carry on baggage size in reality Iberia

Agree your cabin baggage is to large, I was calculating in centimeters

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carry on baggage size in reality Iberia

if you think Iberian restrictions on cabin baggage are tight, try flying with ryanair... (irony mode off)

My 2 cents: restrictions are what they are, and your handlugagge is bigger than those. Not much bigger tho, so chances are that if the flight is not full and the flight attendants are not being picky you might get into the plane with it.

Otherwise they'll tell you it's too big and you'll have to check it in (paying extra cost if you've already checked one bag)

5. Re: Carry on baggage size in reality Iberia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:40