We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of 2 travel date options for 5-night trip to Madrid?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
99 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Which of 2 travel date options for 5-night trip to Madrid?

Hi. I have two options for travel dates to Madrid for a 5-night trip.

Option one is to arrive on Wednesday, September 26th and depart on Monday, October 1st.

Option two is to arrive on Wednesday, October 17th and depart on Monday, October 22nd.

Only three weeks separates the two options, so I wasn't sure if there would be a significant difference weather-wise. Or perhaps there are local events that I might not be aware of that would make one option better than the other. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
66,376 posts
3,763 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of 2 travel date options for 5-night trip to Madrid?

TimATL:

There will be hardly any difference weather-wise. However I would choose the first date.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of 2 travel date options for 5-night trip to Madrid?

Personally I think October in Madrid is perfect! It's a bit post tourist and the weather is gorgeous. But both dates are fine. You can hardly go wrong with either.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
99 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of 2 travel date options for 5-night trip to Madrid?

I'm interested in seeing a bullfight. I noticed that there's a bullfight at Las Ventas on Sunday, September 30th; but there isn't a bullfight at Las Ventas on Sunday, October 21st. That could tip the scales in favor of a September trip over an October trip. However, the website that I'm looking at says that tickets are unavailable for the bullfight on Sunday, September 30th. Is it sold out? Surely there's a way to still get tickets, right? I just might have to get them through a ticket vendor.

Mentioned in this post
Las Ventas Tour
Las Ventas Tour
290 Reviews
Madrid, Spain
Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of 2 travel date options for 5-night trip to Madrid?

What do you know about bullfighting? Search the forum and see how people have reacted to it before you convince yourself it's a must see. Many Americans find it's not what they expect. As for tickets being sold out or not, that I can't speak to.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
8,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of 2 travel date options for 5-night trip to Madrid?

IMO, bullfights on September, when the season declines, are "second class" performances for "almost retired" or too fresh bullfighters.

Treasure Coast of...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,318 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of 2 travel date options for 5-night trip to Madrid?

I would pick October myself, and as far as the bull fight goes, l would save your money, for me l'm not into just killing things anymore. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

7. Re: Which of 2 travel date options for 5-night trip to Madrid?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:17