We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to get a different hotel

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Need to get a different hotel

I need to change my hotel. My choice is between Los Condes or Hostal Foster in Madrid. Which would you pick? I believe they are equally well located for general sightseeing. Thank You.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to get a different hotel

I would recommend either Hostal Adriano or Hostal Gonzalo which are located south of the Puerta del Sol...closer to the museums and the train station Atocha.

Hostal Foster is near the Gran Via, a busy street, not my favorite area but it's not bad either. Los Condes, a Best Western hotel, is also near the Gran Via. From the reviews I read I would go with Los Condes, but frankly I have never heard of either before. Reviewers say it's on a quiet street.

You know you can read many reviews by going to Trip Advisor Hotels and put the area and/or name of hotel about which you want info.

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to get a different hotel

Thanks for your help. I did look there but for one of the hotels there was only one review in English.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to get a different hotel

Hotel Foster has reviews in Spanish and Italian...I read both. The other hotel reviewed has better reviews and ratings. That's why I recommended it.

Edited: 07 July 2012, 02:31
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,662 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to get a different hotel

joanne:

There are Google English translations available for hotel reviews in other languages.

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need to get a different hotel

Thanks. I appreciate all the learning I have done on Trip Advisor. I did not know that about the traqnslations.

6. Re: Need to get a different hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:15