We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renfe’s Turista Plus

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Topic
Renfe’s Turista Plus

Renfe has just announced that there is going to be a new class for long distance travel, and this is called Turista Plus. It costs 20% more than the full price of tourist class. The only advantage you will have is that you will get the wider seat of the preferente class. This will apply for travel between Aug. 1, 21012 and Sept. 29, 2012.

In my opinion it is not worth it. It is better to try to get the web discount on the tourist class seats.

Madrid Expert
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Spain4You Tours
City Tours, Day Trips, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

Hello Benny Malaga..... Thanks for you informative posts. I was wondering about seats on the AVE, Malaga to Madrid. I am traveling with my wife and another couple, we were thinking about booking the seats with the table that face each other. I read somewhere, that the leg room for these seats is less than the other seats in Tourist. Both men are 6 foot tall and need as much leg room as possible. Do you know if there is less leg room?

Since we are friends traveling together I would think this would be a good option.

Thanks, we are 1 day away from booking out tickets...

Also do you know if there is any reason to book full discounts rather than estrella or mesa?

thanks for any help you can provide.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

I meant to say is there any reason to book full fare tourist rather than one of the discounts?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
826 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

Thanks for this useful update Benny, it is good to know, although I have to agree with you that it is probably not worth it. I find the seat width and leg room in tourist class quite adequate. I enjoy travelling by train in Spain.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

Daniel:

Yes, the mesa seats have less leg room and that is another reason not to choose these seats. I have had to use the mesa seats on two trips because they were the only ones available and did not like them.

You always want to buy the web discount seats because they are a bargain. Why pay more for the full fare tourist seats when they are similar to the ones which have discounts?

KL
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

Hi Benny. I have recently bought the renfe spain pass that allows me to travel up to 4 journeys within one month on the AVE trains. I cant however, find a way to reserve the seats on renfe.com.

I would appreciate if you can help me on this. Thanks

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

Hi,

by the way, can you tell me what is 29.00 Turista? is it refer to price? How do i check on the price of my journey? there are this turista, preferente, club, are these refering to price?

thanks,

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

tancp:

Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

NYC
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

I am taking the train from Barcelona to Madrid tomorrow with my girlfriend. What is the cheapest fare? I don't see it less than 106 euro

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

If you are traveling tomorrow, you'll be paying Full Fare. The cheapest fare is sold up to 2 months in advance.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renfe’s Turista Plus

Re: 8 and 'I don't see it less than 106 euro'

Yes correct - unless you want the 8 hour journey or one slightly cheaper at 1740 hrs.