We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

urgent guidance

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pondicherry, India
2 posts
Save Topic
urgent guidance

Hello from India !

My brother had to travel to Madrid at very short notice. We had no time to research how to spend his 3 leisure days.

In fact he is in Madrid NOW and will have time from 11-14th Oct.

I understand Madrid is vibrant and the important things to see for a non mumeum lover would be :

Plaza Mayor, El Rastro. Where can he see some flamenco dance and how would you suggest see get a feel of the city in such a short time?

A friend of mine suggested he do a day trip to Colmenar Viejo-Miraflores and Manzanares. Would you recomend this?

I would like to know the following:

1) see and do things in Madrid

2) if Colmenar Viejo-Miraflores-Manzaranes is advised?

3) what to expect in no.2) and how to travel there?

My brother loves nature and leisure cycling.

May I request your reply to be copied/pasted also to my email id: vibs53@gmail.com? please?

Thank you

Vibha

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: urgent guidance

There is quite a lot to do in Madrid itself so for only 3 days, I'd suggest he stay in Madrid itself and not try to travel out very far. There are many many suggestions here in the links. Take a look and see what he might like (as he's your brother and you'd know him best). Madrid is known for its wonderful museums.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: urgent guidance

Tell him to head to the tourist office in Plaza Mayor, browse around their brochures and see what appeals to him. They will be able as well to advice him about what's on town, special events, places he can go using public transport... 3 days is not that much for Madrid itself even not setting foot in any museum.

I was living in Madrid for a few years and never heard that Colmenar Viejo had anything of interest, so I find that a bit weird as a reccomended day trip, especially for such a short visit. I'm intrigued now about what others can say...

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,855 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: urgent guidance

I was wondering about that advice too, belsaita.

With only three days to spend in Madrid, I wouldn't suggest he do any day trips, but if he does, Toledo or Segovia or El Escorial would be the ones I would choose from.

4. Re: urgent guidance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 17:19