We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Militaria in Madrid

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salibury
1 post
Save Topic
Militaria in Madrid

Are there any shops selling Medals Badges Swords etc ?????

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Militaria in Madrid

Hi there

You could try the El Rastro flea market, it's huge (reputedly one of the worlds largest) and i'm positive there is a large stall selling various items of Militaria.

Here is the main site for El Rastro, and if you're not conversant in Spanish and you can't find it, just ask one of the stall holders:

"Perdone, ¿dónde puedo encontrar Militaria?" That should see you ok.

El Rastro: http://www.esmadrid.com/en/rastro-flea-market

It has the directions, location and opening times down the bottom right of the page.

Hope that helps....and good luck on your search :) Feel free to post back and let us know how you got on :)

CB

Edited: 31 December 2012, 12:23
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,580 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Militaria in Madrid

The scene for "militaria" stuff (decoration, awards, peaked caps) is Plaza Mayor and nearby: Calle Mayor, Calle Zaragoza and others. Also at 'El Rastro', a flea market held on Sunday morning (closest Metro station: La Latina). Regarding to swords, they are really modern stuff you can find at souvenir stores.

BTW, "efectos militares" is Spanish for "militaria".

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Militaria in Madrid

Thanks for the exact translation Revulgo :) I could of course give the OP a perfect sentence but was erring on the side of caution should they not be familiar with the language :)

Just for info Webb, i have found the following information on this market and some images of items you will find there:

wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php…

CB

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Militaria in Madrid

There is a great hat shop with all insignia types of things (arms...not so sure about) in the NE quadrant of the Plaza Mayor. Been there FOREVER...called Yuste or Juste. Anyone help me here?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,580 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Militaria in Madrid

Casa Yustas

http://www.casayustas.com/

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,711 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Militaria in Madrid

Cascorro Efectos Militares

Calle del Bastero, 17

Efectos Militares O M P Sal

Calle de Zaragoza, 6

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Militaria in Madrid

"Efectos militares" = "militaria" I have never heard that word in my life. Is it just British? or do we live in a non-military state (Wisconsin) where we never hear such language?

FYI, of course, there is a National Guard and Reserves in WI but compared to the clear ski states with uber military presence such as Texas, New Mexico, Colorado...we're very peaceful.

8. Re: Militaria in Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 10:17