We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pillows

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Cloud...
1 post
Save Topic
pillows

Is there some way we can purchase Spanish pillows? We found them to be preferable to the pillows we have here in the US. Thanks.

Best,

John C. Alessio

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pillows

Do you mean purchase them outside of Spain?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
826 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pillows

Not all 'Spanish pillows' are the same!

What is it about the pillows is it that you like and how exactly do they differ from those in the US?

Strictly speaking this post is really off topic as it is not travel related - but we are a friendly bunch here and happy to assist!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,651 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pillows

John:

You can go to the El Corte Ingles Home Store and find pillows there. There is a very wide variety of pillows. Ask them for a box so that you can ship it at the post office.

In Malaga we have a post office at our El Corte Ingles store.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pillows

Hi there John,

Try Ikea, they have the biggest selection of pillows - i went in search of new ones as i only like a specific type (nearly €100 each) but they are worth it if you have a lovely nights sleep :)

They also have them out on display so you can poke, prod, squeeze and even rest your head on them to try them out!!

There must have been over 40 different pillows there - long one's short one's fat one's thin one's squidgy one's hard one's - a bit like a sausage factory i guess,.

Anyway, yes, so give it a try, however they do take up a fair bit of room in your luggage :(

Good luck and let us know how you got on :)

CB

Edited: 18 January 2013, 19:53
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pillows

So what's special about Spanish pillows? I've slept in a few hotels, hostals, hostels, casas rurales and apartments in Spain and never noticed anything special about them.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pillows

Tend to be long and narrow? I guess that's what I have noticed, but it depends where you sleep...as you can tell there are many options.

7. Re: pillows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 06:16