We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid Suggestions

hamilton
Level Contributor
288 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Madrid Suggestions

Hi Folks

Looking for a few suggestions for the best places to visitin Madrid.

I'm only there for a couple of days so have to maximise my time.

Also any tips for bars restaurants etc would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Davie

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Madrid Suggestions

Responding to jon,

Depends how many free tapas they gave you! :-)

Actually, this is normal here. Many bars will give you a tapa if you buy a beer or a drink. Certainly won´t be a meal, but it´s a wonderful way to bar-tour, and taste a few different things. You´ll see this all the time in the local neighborhood cervecerias (beer bars). That´s how I fell in love with the marinated sardines here...very tasty and Spanish.

And yes, I also like the Santa Ana area.

US
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Madrid Suggestions

eor7,

I'm copying for you a list of my favorite wine/tapas bars in Old Madrid that I posted on another thread. I've included other "sit down" dining recs in my Madrid guide. www.maribelsguides.com , free download.

El Tempranillo (Cava Baja)

La Taberna de los Cien Vinos (www.cienvinos.com)

Algorta (Cava Baja) for txacoli , which is Basque slighly fizzy white wine), and cheap and filling Basque pintxos (tapas)

Orixe (Cava Baja) for great Galician tapas/Galician wines

Los huevos de Lucio (Cava Baja) for people watching or celebrity spotting

Juana La Loca (Plaza Puerta de Moros)

www.zag-zig/juanalaloca.com

For great beer (Mahou) on tap:

La Taberna de la Dolores (Plaza de Jesus)

Cerverceria Cervantes (Duque de Medinaceli)

just 2 blocks apart

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Madrid Suggestions

Dobry, yes it wasn't a lot but when you get offered something about three times in the same bar you can fill up quite quickly, and makes the nights drinking far better.

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Madrid Suggestions

Hello all,

I am a TA employee, and through the nominations submitted, this thread was brought to my attention. First, many compliments on the excellent material submitted here.

Second, I just wanted to let everyone know that I took my first shot at preserving this information in a format that will allow you to link to it without always having to "bump" it to the top. This is with our new TripAdvisor Inside feature, where anyone can edit and update information.

The page is here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c3171/Madrid:…

To see (and edit/create) more Madrid pages, go here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-s1/Madrid:Spa…

Again, this first pass was meant to be exactly that ... a first pass. From here, it's up to you to update and maintain the information, and add things I missed from the thread!!! :-)

Have a great day!

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Madrid Suggestions

If you were the TA employee who dreamed up "Nominate a Thread", you came up with a good one. I love posting answers to the questions, but writing an Insider report sounds like an assignment. The "Nominate a Thread" may be more work for TA staff, but at least you are getting fresh material which you can mold if necessary.

¡Bien hecho!/Well done!

16. Re: Madrid Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 04:17