We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renfe Ticket Error? How to Fix?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
170 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Renfe Ticket Error? How to Fix?

Just bought Madrid - Segovia - Madrid return ticket on the Renfe website. Got the promo fare outbound, but I think there is something wrong with the return ticket. on the return the only discount availble was the return ticket discount and price should have been 10 euro, but I was charged 7.5 Euro. Okay, I thought, thinking I got an additional discount. When I printed the ticket it says Tarifa NINO, which I am sure is a child ticket. Does not make sense, I bought both tickets together in one transaction and only listed one adult. Is Nino a child ticket? How do I fix? at 6'5" and 50 yrs old will have a hard time passing as a child :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,958 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renfe Ticket Error? How to Fix?

tobegold,

This must be one of the many glitches in the new Renfe online ticketing programme. If you choose Promo for the outbound journey, it does automatically eliminate the Promo ticket fare for the return trip! And turn back the clock so that you are once again a Niño, ha ha.

If you had chosen Ida y Vuelta in the outbound section, you would have had to pay more.

Your best bet is to contact Renfe and explain what happened. Please let us know afterwards about their reply. Here's a link to the contact page. Good luck.

renfe.com/EN/…index.html

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renfe Ticket Error? How to Fix?

FGig's mum, Love your spirit. Yes, Renfe answers the phone. Just keep in mind that their office hours are different than Toronto. 6 hours ahead at this time of year. So if you call at 8 am, it's 2 pm...beginning of the lunch hours. I imagine Renfe has staff working throughout the day, but if you try to call at 5 pm your time that's 11 pm in Madrid...which is definitely after normal office hours...but the clubs are hopping.

Gigi's mum, Do you know RENFE's customer service hours? I tried the Virtual Agent Irene last week to ask a question...and it was completely canned, and the canned answer did not answer my question, but I was almost as cool as you are...kept smiling but couldn't answer the question.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,244 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renfe Ticket Error? How to Fix?

tobegold:

Yes, niño is a child. Hopefully when you call Renfe they will be able to help you.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,958 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renfe Ticket Error? How to Fix?

Thanks, Holakjs. :-)

The Renfe link goes to an online form so there's no need to telephone during their hours of operation. Just select Queja (complaint) for the Tipo de petición and Venta des billetes por Internet (Internet sales) for the Departamento.

I know this contact page really works. I suggested it to another TA member a few weeks ago when he had a problem with his purchase. He wrote back afterwards and said that Renfe had responded quickly to resolve his problem.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
170 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renfe Ticket Error? How to Fix?

Thanks for your help. I have used the online form as suggested by Gigis_mum and will let you know what happens. The form was not available when using my Galaxy Tab (android) but got it once using windows.

Edited: 14 February 2013, 18:36
Vancouver
Level Contributor
170 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renfe Ticket Error? How to Fix?

Got a reply email telling me to change the ticket online. Somehow wants to charge me a net 12.5 Euro extra, will not give me the return fare of 10 Euro and charge difference between the amount origianally charged and this amount, instead wants to charge full fare. outward bound ticket is non-refundable Promo fare. I sent them a reply, since the phone lnumber they gave and also the one listed in BennyMalaga's guide does not work, unless I am dialling wrong from Canada - it is 011-34-902 etc right?

If I do not have this resolved on Monday I will dispute the charges with VISA and have the ticket cancelled.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 21:14
7. Re: Renfe Ticket Error? How to Fix?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:17