We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to see it all!

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Royersford...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
I want to see it all!

Hello. I'm working on an itinerary for the end of March. We will be spending 3 nights in Barcelona and then flying to Salamanca to visit our son who is studying there for the sememster. We plan to spend 2 nights there. We then wanted to travel with him for the weekend (Fri to Sun.). We initially thought we would go to Sevilla for 2 nights, then go to Madrid where my husband and I will spend 3 nights before returning home. So the problem is travelling to Sevilla is more than I expected. Bus takes about 7 hours, train or plane would be about 5 hours because we would have to get to Madrid first.

Should we rent a car from Salamanca and drive to Sevilla or spend the time taking day trips from Salmanca/Madrid instead. Nice day trips I've seen are Zamora, Segovia, Toledo, Avila. So what to do?? I want to see it all!! If we decide to do the day trips are there any other places you would recommend near Salmanca/Madrid? Thanks for the help!

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,520 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I want to see it all!

My suggestions for trips from Salamanca are:

Plasencia and Cáceres (roughly 200 km south of Salamanca)

spain.info/en/reportajes/caceres_esplendor_e…

León (roughly 200 km north of Salamanca)

spain.info/en/…catedral_de_leon.html

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,666 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I want to see it all!

AdvLady:

Be advised that hotels charge a minimum of 11 euros a night for parking. In Madrid it may be around 25 euros. Read the Driving Guide for Foreigners.

Other places to visit are El Escorial and Aranjuez.

Near Salamanca is the unique town of La Alberca:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187493-c190023/Salam…

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I want to see it all!

if you want to go to Seville, indeed renting a car could be an option, as it is about 4h30m drive from Salamanca, good highway. Also, along the way you can stop in Plasencia, Trujillo, Caceres or Merida as said.

If you have to take a plane from Madrid, I would drop the car in seville as soon as possible, you are not going to need it in the city and it'll be more of a hassle. Then you can take an AVE train back to Madrid.

4. Re: I want to see it all!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:17