We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days around Madrid

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Zichron Yaakov...
5 posts
Save Topic
2 days around Madrid

Hi

I will be in Madrid with my 14 years old son in the end of March for 4 days.

Look for 2 more days around the city, prefer Nature Parks , outdoor attractions .....

I'll have a car

Does anyone know beautiful places ( no more then 3 hr of driving)

Thanks

Orly

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days around Madrid

Why would anyone drive a car in or around Madrid when the public transport is so great?

Take high-speed rail AVE to Toledo or Segovia although a 14 year old would love Segovia with its castle, cathedral and 2000 year old aqueduct as well as a great meal of roast lamb. Toledo offers more history with historic synagogues, mosque, and cathedral. Also an alcazar (fortress)

Also, Real Madrid self-guided stadium tour is a hit...accessible by subway or bus. (Read first item on Top Questions on right side of page.. "How can I buy RENFE tickets..."

Look at this link for important landmarks that can be seen in two days. If you need more explanation of each, go to Top Questions on right hand side of page and scroll down to "Sights" and the question "What are the best sights".

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-s409/Madrid:S…

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days around Madrid

You might also try La Pedriza since you are a nature lover. My son and husband loved spending time there hiking and exploring. More info here:http://www.madrid.org/cs/Satellite?pagename=PortalJoven%2FPage%2FJUVE_listado&language=es&cid=1155285596947

Segovia is another good choice because of the Alcazar. The route down to it is also sort of a nature walk type thing.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,090 posts
3,467 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days around Madrid

Orly:

One disadvantage of a car in Madrid is the high costs of hotel parking, which may reach 25 euros a day.

4. Re: 2 days around Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 05:16