We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Bar Crawl?

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good Bar Crawl?

Hi,

I'm going to be in Madrid for work in May and I'll have a few free weekends on my own -- any recommendations for a good bar/nightlife tour (for a guy in his mid-twenties)? Or should I just stop in a hostel and sign up for whatever they're doing?

Thanks!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,508 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Bar Crawl?

Sidewinder:

I suggest a tapas crawl:

…businessinsider.com/2011-03-29/lifestyle/30…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Bar Crawl?

In May the terraces will be open. They are fantastic. Try the terrace at the ME Reina Victoria hotel in Plaza de Santa Ana.

And while you are at Plaza de de Santa Ana, there are dozens of good bars in nearby Huertas.

Malasaña and Chueca are other areas worth exploring if you want nice local nightlife.

Salamanca district has top notch venues, but I don't usually like that kind of experience. You might, so also worth exploring.

Have fun.

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Bar Crawl?

Thanks for the responses -- I guess I'm asking more about organized bar (or tapas+bar) crawls. I'll be in the city by myself and it'd be nice to have something organized so I can go out with other people! But the idea of terraces bars sounds good to me...

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,610 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Bar Crawl?

Do enjoy the Malasaña neighborhood. Head to J&J Books and Coffee to meet English speaking expats and locals.

Here's a map of the hipster spots in Malasaña:

http://goo.gl/maps/yv4ef

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Bar Crawl?

Thanks for the map -- I'll probably check out a couple of those places!

6. Re: Good Bar Crawl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 05:16