We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
375 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

We are considering an apt for 4 adults in the Centro area through Spain Select. I have gone through many past posts but there has not been anything new for sometime.

Does this agency have a good reputation? Has anyone reading used them? Thanks!!!

50 replies to this topic
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

I am no expert by any means but in the absence of any replies to your question from the 'experts' I will share my experience. I did use Spain Select during one of my previous trips to Madrid approx 18 mths ago. All good no complaints from me and a very reputable company from what I could tell. I am returning in July and had I needed an apartment I would've booked with Spain Select but a hotel is more practical this time so staying at Westin Palace.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

Hi there noddles, and welcome

The following link may help you, it contains the search results for Spain Select and is worth a read:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=126&geo=187514&scope=2&q=Spain+Select&s=+

Just as a heads up for future reference, if you type in the search bar at the top of this forum then it may yield some results for you.

I hope that helps you reach your decision, some of the comments i have to say would have me thinking twice, but of course ultimately it's your choice.

It is worth pointing out though that i have just Googled Spain Select Reviews and some people loved the service all wonderful yet others had problems - it's a tricky one!!

I hope you got your head around the "Bed" situation lol, confused the heck out of me when i first moved to Spain !!

Good luck and have a great holiday :)

CB

Edited: 07 April 2013, 12:33
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

Apologies, here is a reduced version of the URL which "should" copy as a Hyperlink and be effective:

http://tinyurl.com/c9sfupw

CB

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

I post just a few days ago in response to a similar question and I again would say Spain Select is a great company to work with and their apartments (at least the one we have stayed in Plaza Mayor I) was all that we could have wanted. Their online reservation system is good, they take credit cards, are responsive to questions, arranged for hotel pick up and returned my security deposit within days after our departure.

We have rented apartments (primarily in France) and Spain Select is the only rental company we have used; the others being private individuals. However, when staying in Madrid using them provides security, service and good properties. Highly recommend.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
375 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

THANK YOU one and all. First! Yes, I finally understand the bed situation and thank the help here for that as it has become my bible. My GF is from Madrid and her family has beds that are so narrow (called twin) that she must rise up and turn over mid air. I believe that we have true queens throughout our stays.

We have booked the Puerta del Sol in Madrid with Spain Select. We are 3-4 (not sure yet) but I like the idea of an extra bedroom/beds so that should one couple be uncomfortable there are options. We are hopeful that renting an apt. both in Madrid and in Barcelona for 4 nights each works out well. We will have hotel rooms in Granada and in Seville two nights each. I want to say a warm thanks for the replies from each of you.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

Hi Noddles

On reflection, perhaps i have been a bit harsh in my critique of the reviews of Spain Select. I have delved deeper and on balance it seems that any unfavourable comments are minimal and also are pre 2012.

With this in mind and having scoured the reviews from last year and into this year it all appears excellent - maybe they have someone at the helm who knows how to please the customer.

Hope you have a fantastic time, do feel free to post back and let us know how you got on with the bed situation and maybe a little trip report into the bargain :)

Enjoy

Regards

CB

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

I recommend airbnb.com for apt rentals in Europe, they have a good approval process and good rating system and we had great success with the apts we rented

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

I have no personal experience, but have been doing research for a longer trip we are planning next year. I found that Flipkey has reviews for Spain Select, specific apartments.

http://www.flipkey.com/frontdesk/view/20670/spain+select/

San Diego
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

I just rented a place from them in late March -- I think the place was called Puerta Del Sol (it was at Carretas 3, in Madrid). Excellent place, and the Spain Select folks were tremendously professional. They did everything they could to get us in the apartment early, and returned our deposit no problem (about a week after we left, as promised). Apartment was as good as advertised. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

San Diego
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?

I see from one of your replies that you are renting Puerta Del Sol. It is a great apartment. Great location, very little noise in spite of the location, lots of food nearby, can't say enough good things about it. Make sure and ask Spain Select how to use the laundry machine -- this Americano couldn't figure it out. Also, make sure and take the short walk to Chocolateria San Gines and get Chocolat Con Churros.

Reply to: Anyone with recent Spain Select or apartment experience?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted