We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

KCH
Sydney
Level Contributor
931 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

I am planning to visit Madrid for 8 days, during which I am going to head off to Toledo and Segovia for day trips.

The more I read on Toledo and Segovia the more I realise just how much to see there are. Would anyone recommend staying overnight in either of these places? Which one is better to spend an evening?

Are there many places open in the evening in September?

Thanks - hope I am not asking too many questions.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

either of them would do a perfect overnight stay. I prefer Segovia over Toledo for a night scene but that's just me.

If you are considering an overnight stay you could also consider Salamanca. It's too far away for a daytrip but perfect for 1 night out, and a real jewel of Spanish medieval towns.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

Hello,

Both cities are very well connected to Madrid by train, I recommend you staying at Toledo Parador, asking for a room with views to the city. The view is fantastic, maybe could be expensive, but worth it.

regards,

KCH
Sydney
Level Contributor
931 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

Just found this.... tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k5…

Sounds like Toledo is bigger.

Oh yeah there is Salamanca too!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

I did a day trip to Segovia and 2 nights in Toledo just recently and was glad I didn't stay overnight in Segovia (felt like I saw all I wanted in that one day) and was glad I did stay at least one night in Toledo (one night is prob enough but I stayed there upon arrival so it was great for getting over jetlag). There are a lot of things to see in Toledo. But both are lovely and you will enjoy it either way.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

KCH:

There are more things to see in Toledo, so I would overnight there. This extra time will allow you to visit the Hospital de Tavera.

KCH
Sydney
Level Contributor
931 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

Thanks... I am really looking forward to Toledo :)

Just checked out …fundacionmedinaceli.org/monumentos/hospital…

woow!

Edited: 26 May 2013, 13:59
Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

We are big fans of overnight in Toledo. Lots to do and see and great food as well!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

I've done overnight trips to both Segovia and Toledo. I don't like 1-nighters and spent 2 nights. I enjoyed my time in both places but would say that there are more things to see in Toledo vs Segovia but I wasn't bored in either one of them. As for nightlife the big key is what night you are visiting. Both will be pretty dead Sunday and the beginning of the week. I highly recommend Salamanca as an overnight for 2 nights - great city with a lively nightlife. With 8 days you could do something like 4 nights in Madrid w/daytrip to Segovia and 2 nights each in Toledo and Salamanca.

9. Re: Overnight in Toledo? Segovia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 07:17