We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tirso de Molina or Conde Duque area?

Virginia
Level Contributor
199 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Tirso de Molina or Conde Duque area?

Hello TA,

I can't decide which area to stay by either calle Encomienda near metro Tirso de Molina or Conde Duque area on calle San Hermenegildo near metro San Bernardo. Any one has any input?

I know Tirso de Molina would be near La Latina where I understand I must go for Tapas and location is more centric. I don't know much about the area of San Hermenegildo Street. Looks a bit farther but not much and we don't mind waling 20-30 min to get to sites. Would either area be safe day or night?

Any thoughts anyone?

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tirso de Molina or Conde Duque area?

both areas are safe and sound.

I would prefer Conde Duque area because it's very close to Malasaña, very nice trendy/hipster neighborhood (nice cafes and shops and lots of theatres and bars). I like Calle Amaniel, Calle de la Palma, Calle San Vicente Ferrer and Plaza 2 de Mayo. It's a beautiful yet local (or at least domestic tourism) part of Madrid. Chueca is not that far away which is also a nice neighborhood to wander around, and the lowest end of Gran Via is close as well (where all the musical theaters are)

La Latina is also a nice area but for a bit older crowd, closer to main sights.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tirso de Molina or Conde Duque area?

I stayed in Tirso denmolina right across the baker theater for 2 weeks the location was so perfect Ro everything and although sometimes a bit noisy I for used to it instantly and I always felt safe

Granted its not the most beautiful area but it felt like home and was super close to everything !!!! Yet away from the tourist

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tirso de Molina or Conde Duque area?

I like both areas. Again, consider looking at the Barrios of Madrid link to the right to see which area might be more to your liking. Tirso de Molina is close to La Latina, Conde Duque close to Malasaña.

4. Re: Tirso de Molina or Conde Duque area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 07:17