We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Madrid to Segovia

Phoenix
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Madrid to Segovia

I'm planning on taking the 8:00 am but to Segovia on a Saturday in September. How much time in advance should we arrive at the station before boarding? There will be 2 of us.

Also, we are buying an open ended return ticket, how much time should we allow to get the return in Segovia?

Thanks so much.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia

Hi, I just did this recently. They didn't even start allowing people on the bus until 5-10 minutes before departure, but there was a line. The ticket window in Principe Pio station was closed so you had to use the machine, I don't know how temporary that is though. It was about a 5-10 min walk from the metro station down to the buses. If you are buying your tickets that day, you would want to get there earlier. Perhaps an expert can give better advice on the likelihood of tickets selling out.

The easiest thing would be to get your return ticket upon arrival in Segovia (that's what I did). I took a 4:30 bus on a monday in mid-may and the bus was sold out by the time of departure. I was at the station about 30 min early and saw people buying their tickets right then, but any given day could be different. It's about a 10 min (easy) walk from the bus station to the aqueduct in Segovia. On the return, it was the same, they didn't start boarding the bus til right before departure.

Hope this helps a little!

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia

The buses run on the 1/2 hour and I've not known them to sell out during low season, but they can during high season. Get there on the earli-ish side and be flexible with your plans. That's what Spain is about any way. If you want a specific time table perhaps the train will be more to your liking since the seats are assigned. But for me, the bus is cheaper, more flexible and closer to town so less stressful (we once missed our train due to the wonky public bus out to the train station situation in Segovia). You can buy a ticket for any time at the window so you can get a round trip basically when you buy your trip out.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia

Thx wombat, going midweek next week to Sergovia for the day, this info helps.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia

You should be ok with it not selling out. Buy the tickets on the day and enjoy!

5. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 06:16