We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid Apartments

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Madrid Apartments

Hello. I am visiting Madrid in October with my wife and 3 young children aged 6, 8 and 10. I'm hoping that someone can offer some advice about:

1. What area of Madrid to stay in (only there for 2 nights); and

2. Any suggestions for apartments (not committed to an apartment but seems easier with the 5 of us) with a budget of EUR 175-200.

I like the idea of being within walking distance of the major attractions but don't mind if public transport is required should the accommodation be away from the city centre.

Thank you

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid Apartments

An apartment would be the way to go for a family of that size. Even with just one child we tend to rent an apartment when we travel. Look over the link to the right on the Barrios of Madrid, but I'd recommend the area near Plaza Santa Ana. Try Spain-Select.com for an apartment. They have a couple near Sol and Plaza Santa Ana that are 2-3 bedroom (and sleeper sofas) that might work for you.

Geneva Switzerland
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid Apartments

Avoid Friendlyrentals, we rent one appartment in Madrid, was a really bad experience, very dirty and noisy.

Stain on the walls, chair broken.

We had good experience with Spain select 1 year ago...

madrid
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid Apartments

There is one called Espahotel Plaza de España. Not very costly. Metro is just in front and near to the center.

Other is Jardines de Sabatini which is much further in front of the gardens of Royal Palace. Also metro principe pio is on a walking distance.

M A Khan

www.yeahspain.com

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madrid Apartments

Hola. I hope this helps.

I've recently or rather I'm currently at the airport leavin Spain

I was here for a month and I rented apartments all over Spain I causing Madrid.

I used airbnb and it was my first time and will definitely not be my last. It was great.

Keep in mind that a lot of aparemts are walk ups if you're on with that.

I staid in one on Tirso de Molina. It had a nedr with a queen sizes bed and two chairs that turned Into single beds in the living room as well as a separate couch. If you're interested and are looking into it it's he one with many balconies :)

Have a wonderful time in Spain. I loved it and will be back

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
646 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madrid Apartments

I stayed I Room Cibeles . I can't think of a better option . in the centre of Madrid , 2 minutes away from Puerta del Sol , one minute from Gran Via and the metro . the apartment is very nice . price is very great . less than your budget . and above all , it is in a very quiet location . most (if not all) of Madrid centre hotels are noisy at night . Room Cibeles is in a quiet location and you can sleep well . and of course it is within a walking distance to all the attractions of the city centre . close to Assado restaurant , great paiella .

6. Re: Madrid Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 07:17