We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Grinon from Madrid airport

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Grinon from Madrid airport

Hi

I have to get to Grinon on the outskirts of Madrid from Madrid airport early on a Sunday evening. Does anyone know the best way to get there? I will have a suitcase, so I want to avoid too many changes on public transport if possible, but the taxis look quite expensive.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Karen

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Grinon from Madrid airport

Other than taxi (which will be around 50 euros) I would say get a bus to one of the Cercanias stations closeby and then from there to the airport by cercanias train.

grinon.es/grinon/…

Cercanias stations are the ones with a inverted white c in a red background. Parla or Fuenlabrada for example. From there take a look at the cercanias map (basically lines C-4 or C-5 to Atocha station and then line C-1 to the airport)

renfe.com/EN/…mapa_zonas_madrid.html

It depends on how early it's your flight, as this trip will take you at least 1 hour, or even more (I'd say 1h30 or 2h to be on the safe side). Another possibility is to do it the night before and spend the night in the airport.

Bradford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Grinon from Madrid airport

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to get from the airport to Grinon, but this information could still be useful. It isn't an easy place to get to!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Grinon from Madrid airport

ah sorry, I understood your message in the wrong way.

So, if it's early evening on a sunday, then it's easy. Take C-1 from airport T4 to Atocha and then change to C-5 to fuenlabrada and then bus 468 to Grinon. Otherwise from atocha C-4 to parla and bus 460, but it think this takes longer.

Bradford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Grinon from Madrid airport

Thanks, this is a big help :-)

I arrive around 16.30, so this should be fine.

K

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Grinon from Madrid airport

I'm thinking of another route: catch the Metro line 8 from the airport to Nuevos Ministerios; then transfer to line 6 (platform 2) to Plaza Elíptica. Finally, the metropolitan bus # 460 to Griñón.

http://www.ctm-madrid.es/pdf/460.pdf

6. Re: Getting to Grinon from Madrid airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:17