We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 day trip to spain

Dubai
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
8 day trip to spain

Hello people,

firstly thanks to all the lovely people who are helping others by posting their reviews & suggestions, it is indeed of great help.

I wanted your expert advise on whcih city can we travel to spain during novemebr. We are two couple with children of 1 yr each planning ot travel to spain during 1st week of November.. Though i understand that europe is generally cold in November but not as chilly as it gets in December. Having said that i've seen that barcelona is having quiet good temperatures with maximum of 19c & minimm of 10c with upto 7 hours of sunshine, however madrid will be chilly with minimum 4c & 2-3 hours of sunshine. We were considering visiting barcelona & valencia since barcelona & valencia temperature is good.

If you could please let us know if this itineary is good or any other suggestions...further if you could also let me know what day trips can be done from valencia & barcelona.

thanks in advance for your reply

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 day trip to spain

Barcelona and Valencia, in this order, are gorgeous cities to visit any time of the year.

I wouldn't rule Madrid out solely for weather reasons though. It can be cold in November indeed, specially coming from the Emirates, but nothing unbearable.

We travel quite a lot with our two toddlers (six and three, boy and girl), including some cold in winter destinations such as Saxony in Germany where we went last December to visit some friends. Snow and -12 celsius were the norm during those days, but that did not prevented us from having a blast.

So if you want to visit Madrid, do it even if it is november. Madrid and Barcelona makes a great first trip to Spain.

Dubai
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 day trip to spain

Great Mac Plllo. Thanks for your reply i started thinking i wouldnt get a reply on this post :).

I do agree that we shouldnt leave madrid out only for the weather but the other couple we are travelling with preferes more of a wrm weather than cold, since we afrom dubai 4c is freezing for us, our winter shere drops to maximum of 14c. :)

any suggestion ond ay trips from barcelona & valencia??

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 day trip to spain

I understand. What I meant is that you don't really get 4c every day and at every hour.

Barcelona has some great day trips such as Montserrat, Sant Sadurni to see the cava (a wine similar to champagne) cellars, and many other places.

I like the Albufera in Valencia, but I am only familiar with the city itself and not its surroundings as to advice on day trips there.

In general, you'd be better off posting your queries about BCN and Valencia in their respective forums here on TA.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 day trip to spain

hello . you should not miss Cordoba and Granada . the charm of Andalucía lies there . going to Spain and missing those two cities would be a big loss . I visited in April this year and it was more than overwhelming to see . highly recommendable . salutes from Beirut . enjoy your trip

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,508 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 day trip to spain

Cordoba and Granada have the great monuments that the Moors left Spain.

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and buy early.

For train travel, read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

Dubai
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 day trip to spain

thanks for all yur lovely recommendations ladies & gents.

through all my further internet & TA searches i have ommitted valencia & included malaga in the list, simply becuase i feel there is more to do in malaga compared to valencia.

So i am just going to take a call soon between madrid or malaga, since its only 8 days i dont want to include barca, madrid 7 malaga in 1 trip...so lets see, what would you all prefer considering barca-madrid or barca malaga

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 day trip to spain

As much as I love my home town, which is a truly great destination to spend 3 days, I don't think you should miss Madrid, even if it is cold for you.

Of course weather in Málaga will be better than both Barcelona and Madrid, but Madrid has some of the finest museums, shopping, restaurants and architecture in Europe. Don't miss it.

8. Re: 8 day trip to spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 05:17