We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 1 itinerary Question

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Day 1 itinerary Question

Hi there! We are arriving this Friday at noon and i'm trying to figure out a plan for the day. I was thinking we could do the Prado and then we have a 19:45 Tapas Tour. Do you think that it is wise to do the Prado before this tour? We are staying at the Ayre Gran Hotel Colon, so I'm not sure we would have time to go to the Prado, tour, return to our hotel to freshen up and then make it to the tour. We'd probably have to go to the tour straight from the museum.

I figure if we arrive at noon, realistically we will not be at our hotel until 14:00. If not the Prado this day, what would you recommend that would fit nicely with the time we have before our Tapas Tour? Thanks in advance!

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 1 itinerary Question

I would not do the Prado that day. The Prado is a lot to handle and if you're planning on doing it right with the jet lag you could really be wearing yourself thin. Good things for a day one would be a visit to the Plaza Mayor and a nice walk through Sol to the Plaza de Oriente, maybe the Palace, or if you are really keen on a museum the Reina Sofia is much easier to handle on jet lag as the major draw is the Guernica so there is less to focus on if you tire. The Prado itself can give you jetlag if you didn't have it already it has so much to offer! LOL!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,287 posts
3,473 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 1 itinerary Question

lulu:

Your hotel is near the Retiro Park. You could walk in the park and see it. Go to the Crystal Palace there.

3. Re: Day 1 itinerary Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 06:19