We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

madrid with children

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
madrid with children

Hi everyone! Planning now my trip with sister and cousins (end of July) and I´ve got a few questions, do hope you can help.

1 - They are eager to check out both attraction parks - the one in Casa De Campo and Warner Parque. Is it wise buying tickets in advance on-line? I am mostly concerned with queue on the entrance, less with the price.

2 - Route with public transport to Warner Parque seems a bit confusing to me... May be it's safer (and faster?) to get there with taxi? And I don't know if it matters, but is it ok to go there on Monday? Or it might happen that some of the attractions will be closed?

3 - Faunia is located pretty outside the city center, but is it ok to spend there just half of the day? We are having plenty of things to do already, and I just don't see how we would be able to fit everythink in, if we are spending the whole day there... Is it even worth a visit?

Thanks in advance!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: madrid with children

saumhain:

The Warner Park is located in San Martin de la Vega and is 36 km away from downtown Madrid. A taxi will cost about 40 euros.

Check the park's website for hours:

http://www.parquewarner.com/horarios

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: madrid with children

I think a half day at Faunia would be fine. Whether to go or not depends on the interest of your children and yourselves and how much you all want to do. There is so much to do in Madrid that appeals to families that it's really all up to you and yours what your schedule should be. Check out the bottom link to the right for ideas and info.

3. Re: madrid with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:19