We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distance from Pl de la Puerta del Sol

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orkanger, Norway
Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Topic
Walking distance from Pl de la Puerta del Sol

My trip in November, one week stay, will be all about walking the city, visiting most of the churces, the Golden Triangle of art (Prado, Reino Sofia and Thyssen) - for a start.....

So, I should really like to know some distances from Sol, how many minutes do you use in a moderate pace to:

A Museo del Prado

B Centro de Arte Reino Sofia

C Basilica San Francisco el Grande

D Campo del Moro

E Teatro Real

F Palacio de Justicia

That should about cover it, further out will require some use of Metro :-)

1. Re: Walking distance from Pl de la Puerta del Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 17:23
Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distance from Pl de la Puerta del Sol

Also pedestrian icon will give you street views of various spots, but you probably already know that.

Madrid's historic center is very walkable, and you get to know and feel the city better than way than through a hop-on, hop-off bus. A whole lot cheaper as well!

Edited: 10 July 2013, 12:30
Orkanger, Norway
Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking distance from Pl de la Puerta del Sol

This is not to be rude, but ;

As the one that walked most of Istanbul, Rome, Barcelona, Athens, Berlin, London and Paris the last two years,

I know that any such electronic gadgets/ toys as google maps do not give any answers ;(

Only by walk the street give. I was very surprised to learn how small the historic center of Rome really was, even a walk to Coloseum from Pantheon wasnt that long.

I guess Madrid city is about the size of Rome. Which mean I should be able to B S Fransisco in about 20 minutes, maybe less?

I never use tourist hop busses.

Edited: 10 July 2013, 13:33
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,189 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking distance from Pl de la Puerta del Sol

Arild:

Yes, all the sights you mention are walkable from the Puerta del Sol. You can walk the historic center easily.

5. Re: Walking distance from Pl de la Puerta del Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:18