We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Barajas?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Taxi to Barajas?

Dear all,

I am flying from Barajas T2 this Saturday at 8:25am, so I would aim to be there by 6. I am staying just by Sol, and I was wondering if it would be better to take a taxi than take the Cercanias to Nuevos Ministerios and transfer to Linea 8. How much would I taxi to Barajas from Sol cost? Any reliable taxi company suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Barajas?

Rizzie:

Definitely take a taxi because you will have luggage with you. A taxi to the airport will cost about 25 euros. Ask your hotel to call one for you. There are taxis 24 hours a day in Madrid.

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Barajas?

Thank you for your reply. Problem is - I'm not staying at a hotel, so I would need to book the car myself. Any taxi company suggestions? Thanks.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Barajas?

I can't imagine that there wouldn't be taxis just cruising the streets near Sol. Are you with friends? Thought it will probably be dark at that hour, ask them to go with you to look for a taxi.

Madrid, Madrid...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Barajas?

There should be taxis for sure in the street, but anyways here's the number I always use, taxis arrive wherever you are in 10minutes!

914 055 500

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Barajas?

All taxis in Madrid should charge the same, as taxi fares are fixed by the city council. It does not matter wich comapany and you never have to wait more than a couple of minutes to get one in any busy streets. Locals rarely (if ever) pre-book, just hail the first one you see passing by with the green light on top on.

If you pre-book you pay more, so it makes litlle sense unless you're staying in a very quiet street and you do not want to walk to a busier street.

Costa Adeje, Spain
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to Barajas?

No problema to get a taxi in Sol 24/24.

7. Re: Taxi to Barajas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:18