We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid Walking Tour in Winter?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Madrid Walking Tour in Winter?

Does anyone know if Esmadrid.com's guided walking tours are held during winter (December & January)? The website doesn't have any tours listed for those months, but it could be because it is too early.

www.esmadrid.com/guidedtours/portal.do…

I'm interested in the Essential Madrid tour, but I'm not sure I could handle two hours of walking in the cold.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,711 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid Walking Tour in Winter?

Jacqueline:

The website says it takes place every day. But you are correct about worrying about the cold. I myself would not do it.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid Walking Tour in Winter?

"in the cold" For someone from Wisconsin the "cold" of Madrid in January or February is like late fall or early spring for us. The walk would not bother us but in the standing in the cold while someone told me about this or that would.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid Walking Tour in Winter?

Thanks for your insight!

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madrid Walking Tour in Winter?

If you are from DC, expect the cold of Madrid to be pretty much the cold of DC. Not much more so at least. We found it didn't get too much colder than we were used to in central VA and that's about what you all get as well.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madrid Walking Tour in Winter?

That's really helpful, Wombat1223. Thank you!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,711 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madrid Walking Tour in Winter?

Jacqueline:

While the outside in Madrid will be cold, the interiors of stores and museums will suffocate you with their over heating! So dress in layers so that you can remove one or two layers for indoors. Bring a small foldable umbrella in case of showers.

Edited: 27 July 2013, 05:43
7. Re: Madrid Walking Tour in Winter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:16