We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet breakfast

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Buffet breakfast

Hi everyone,

We will be staying a long weekend in Madrid in Octobre. We will be splurging on Chocolate y Churros for most of the mornings, but it is my husbands birthday then and he is a big savoury eater. Therefore, could anyone recommend a hotel breakfast buffet were you can join if you are not a hotel guest? We booked a small hostal close to Gran Via and Plaza Major that does not do breakfast .

Thanks so much in advance!

Kind regards,

Goedele

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffet breakfast

Goedele:

I always stay at the Melia Galgos Hotel. During my travels in Spain, this is the hotel with the best breakfast buffet that I have found. They also have cava (sparkling wine) for those who want it. I gain 2 kilos when I stay in this hotel, but the pleasure of the breakfast is worth losing the weight later on. They even have paella for breakfast. Yes, anyone can eat there, even if one does not stay in the hotel.

Address:

Calle de Claudio Coello, 139

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,573 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffet breakfast

Are you looking for a sophisticated venue? Opera & "brunch" on Sunday. Live performance from 2pm to 3.30pm

westinpalacemadrid.com/en/…opera-and-brunch

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffet breakfast

Thanks for both your replies! I think the opera option is a bit expensive. However, hte Malia does sound very good! Is it advisable to make a reservation? And how much would it cost?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffet breakfast

Hmmm, I just noticed that it is rather far from the centre, we are staying near Plaza Major. I also heard good things about the Tryp Ambassador breakfast. Any remarks on that one?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffet breakfast

I also just saw that the Westin Palace has an outstanding buffet breakfast. Does anyone know whether you can eat here if you are not a guest, and how much it costs?

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffet breakfast

The Palace is the one that Revulgo suggested to you. And yes, the Melia is not close to the city center.

7. Re: Buffet breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 05:16