We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Clasico on March 23, 2014

Riga, Latvia
5 posts
Save Topic
El Clasico on March 23, 2014

Hi!

I am Latvian and I am planning to visit Real Madrid - Barcelona on March 23, 2014 (something once in a lifetime), and hope to fix everything very timely. Of course, I need to find best/cheapest flight options, hotel etc., but the largest mess is tickets for the game.

I found site whose prices seem to me unbelievable high (1st4footballtickets.com/spanish-league-real-…) and also internet says that this site (these ticket agents) is untrustworthy.

I have read other topics about Bernabeu tickets and there are often advices with remark "it is easy if it is not big game like Real - Barcelona". So, questions are: 1) what kind of expierence is with tickets for such game? 2) is it possible to buy tickets already now, and if it is not, then when it will be possible? 3) what are prices if we talk about cheapest ones or average ones?

Thank you in advance!

Winter Park...
Level Contributor
540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

I have attended an el clasico, and paid well over 200 euros. Unless you know a season ticket holder, or are a member of the madrista fan club, I would expect to pay a lot over face value for the tickets.

If there are any setas up for sale, they will go on sale the Monday before the match. They will go quick too.

Tickets on realmadrid.com that are for sale now are "hospitality" tickets..... they are not the same xperience imho....

If this is the only time you expect to see Los Blancos play, then drop 500 and get as close to the pitch as you can. I remember 2 years ago, I saw a pair of lower levels going for over e 1800.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

I've been having the same sentiment as well, but this is coming from a Barca fan. I'll be in Europe on March and this El Clasico is a "once in a lifetime" event for me (I'm from southeast Asia). But I have just read that there are allotted seats or sections for Away or Barca fans? What if I would like to buy tickets now to guarantee my purchase and not try my luck in purchasing tickets allotted for barca fans at fcbarcelona.com days before the event? I hope someone can share some advice. Real Madrid fans are welcome :)

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

I am from Canada and have just booked my accommodations and flights. I need 4 tickets to El Clasico. If anyone can help me send me a message.

Thanks

Sean

Saint Louis...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

Do we know if it is the 22nd or the 23rd yet? I don't think it's decided yet, but if someone knows how soon before the game do they decide for sure, please share the knowledge.

Riga, Latvia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

There is not even known date for Atletico - Real (~2 March)...

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

@al7omdni: Although probably not that common, I've seen La Liga matches rescheduled only 2-3 weeks in advance. For the Barcelona match, it might have something to do with the fact that there are UEFA Champions League games to be played on both the 18th and 19th of March. ESPN has the Madrid-Barcelona game listed for March 23rd, but that's not official either.

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

am also going to Madrid on march 21 and need ticket for clasico ,and should be for Barcelona side ,pls help how I can get it ?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

Unfortunately you have to pay the money to see such a massive game. That said i don't think it's that unfortunate given if you have to spend plenty over face value to see El Clasico then it'd be well worth every cent and then some.

I found myself in a similar situation recently. As a Barcelona fan I was due to fly to fly there on Thursday march 12 to see them play Osasuna that weekend that weekend before flying to the UK to visit friends on the Monday. While i know Osasuna isn't a big game as such i was more than satisfied to see my team play anyone at Camp Nou given it'd be such a great experience.

After i booked the Champions League draw was made and Barca drew Manchester City to play at Camp Nou in the second leg on the Wednesday night before i was due to fly out on the Thursday from Melbourne. When i saw that the first thing i did was try and find a ticket for that game because when am i going to get the chance again to see one of the Spanish heavyweights up against one of the British heavyweights?

I ended up having to pay around €240 for a decent ticket and with booking and postage fees ended up costing me around €300. Add that to what it will cost me for a few nights more accommodation, changing of flights and spending money it'll cost me €900 or nearly $1400 Australian.

I'm certainly not rich by any means where i can afford to easily change things to spend that much more but my point is and as someone else mentioned, these things may only come along once in a life time so if you get the chance you should take it. It might cost you a lot and affect you short term but will €1000 or whatever it cost affect you a great deal in the long term? No it won't and certainly won't make the difference between you being rich or poor two, four, 10, 20 or 40 or 50 years down the track so i say go for it now! If you don't you're going to regret it for a long time.

A bonus for me me is the extra days i'm staying in Spain and arriving earlier, i get to travel to Madrid on the Thursday Morning after the game spending a few days there before flying to Manchester on the Monday as originally planned. Without the change of games and changing my plans i wouldn't have had a chance to visit Madrid so i'm so happy i'll get the chance and can't wait to spend a few days there. Including doing a tour of that magnificent stadium the Bernabeu even if i am a Barca fan!

Winter Park...
Level Contributor
540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

Better hope that Barca plays better than they did today, or the Citizens are gonna wax them at the Nou Camp.

Seeing a clasico/derby makes US sporting events seem tame by comparison.

A note for anyone looking for Clasico tix who are not Real Madrid fans.... You should see about buying them thru the Barca fan club(s) or website... It is not a good idea to roll into the SB wearing Barca gear, and sitting outside of the visitors section. The visitors section is in the north end, usually in the 500's, and I think Barca is allocated 2000 tix for the game.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: El Clasico on March 23, 2014

Barca were indeed below their best but every team is entitled to a bad game every once in a while, i mean they very rarely have one and have been ridiculously successful so it'd be a bit harsh to be critical of just one game. I'm more than confident they'll bounce back in La Liga not to mention the Champions League.