We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on how to get from airport T1 to Gran Via

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Advice on how to get from airport T1 to Gran Via

Hi There I would like some general advice please

Firstly I will be arriving in Madrid on Thursday 10th October and staying until Monday 14th. I will be travelling alone (female).

I am trying to get from the airport to gran via as I am staying at the apartments:Chinchilla, Madrid City Centre, 28013 Madrid. I am told the metro system is very good for getting around Madrid. I've had a quick look at the metro map and it looks as tho I should take the metro line 8 to Nuevos Ministerios and then take line 1 to Gran via is this correct. Also where can I purchase my ticket?

Also, the reason for my visit to Madrid is my partner is competing at the European Arnold classic event held at the palacio de cristal, de casa campo (he has had to travel separately). Whats the best way to get to this event, and as I will be using the metro frequently during the time I will be there would you recommend a weekend pass?

additionally can anyone recommend a gym clos to gran via

thanks in advance.......

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on how to get from airport T1 to Gran Via

bumping this post up.

2. Re: Advice on how to get from airport T1 to Gran Via

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:20