We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the "hidden gems" in Madrid?

Detroit
Level Contributor
598 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What are the "hidden gems" in Madrid?

I'm researching guidebooks and this site to figure out how to spend my limited time in Madrid. I think I'm getting a good sense of what most travelers guides and or websites would put on their "must do" list.

Are there any other hidden gems that might not make these lists that you think I should be aware of?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,070 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the "hidden gems" in Madrid?

I don't know if San Francisco el Grande is on a lot of lists as we were newbies to Spain -- we stumbled on it near the apartment we rented and thought it was wonderful. You can see our visit at:

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

We also wandered through a lot of neighborhoods and enjoyed small bars and squares here and there.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the "hidden gems" in Madrid?

Phishkabob:

The Sorolla Museum and the Cerralbo Museum are two small museums that people enjoy very much.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the "hidden gems" in Madrid?

Janet, beautiful blog! I am missing Spain immensely today, and now I need to visit Ronda...

I think the tiled 18th c. kitchen on the top floor of the Museum of Decorative Arts is a hidden gem. There are a few photos on my blog entry from 2 years ago:

…blogspot.com/search/…20Arts

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the "hidden gems" in Madrid?

I complimented Janet in another post, but I mistakenly called her "Jane", a name of one of our daughters, Stand to be corrected, Janet...but I agree about your blog.

Phishkabob, look at Hilldale's blog "Every Museum in Madrid" in other entries to discover hidden gems according to your own interests and tastes.

Sydney
Level Contributor
660 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the "hidden gems" in Madrid?

Matadero Madrid is great on weekends.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the "hidden gems" in Madrid?

My favorite is the Jardin de los Caprichos. It's marvelous and seldom visited!

7. Re: What are the "hidden gems" in Madrid?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:21