We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to shop for thin flat decorative tiles?

Detroit
Level Contributor
603 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to shop for thin flat decorative tiles?

I'm a mosaic artist and I'd love to buy some flat colorful tiles that I could then break up to use for mosaic projects (flat tiles are much easier to work with than cutting up china plates). They say I'll be able to shop for tiles in Andalucia, but can I also find them in Madrid? If so, where? Is there anywhere in particular I should go for THIN tiles? (I need them to be thin enough that I can cut or break them). Thanks

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,767 posts
3,727 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to shop for thin flat decorative tiles?

Phishkabob:

I have not seen any in Madrid. However if you go to Seville and visit the Barrio Triana, there are several places that sell them.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to shop for thin flat decorative tiles?

There is a shop near Santo Domingo, but the prices are definitely more expensive than in Sevilla and the Barrio Triana.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to shop for thin flat decorative tiles?

There is another shop right near the Plaza Santa Ana. I think you'd pay a good amount for tiles there. The hours are finicky because the couple who own it are rather elderly. It's right near the Catalonia Las Cortes' side entrance.

4. Re: Where to shop for thin flat decorative tiles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:21